Thursday, October 23, 2008

Visiting the Pumpkin Patch
















Today was a fun day! This morning Brooke Anna and I met Braden and his class at the pumpkin patch at his preschool. Braden got to pick out his own little pumpkin for his classroom. All the parents attempted to get a class picture, maybe someone caught them all looking at the camera! :-) When Blake got home from school I decided to take the kids to another pumpkin patch I heard some good things about. The kids loved it, even Brooke Anna! We took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and then after much deliberation, we picked out a HUGE 20 pound pumpkin...which I later had to carry in one arm and Brooke Anna in the other back to the car! The kids also got to see some of the farm animals they had and even got to sit on a tractor.










I also wanted to mention how much Blake and Braden are learning at school these days! Blake has been telling me all kinds of facts (many that I didn't even know) about bats and he is reading almost anything! Braden is learning lots of neat facts about pumpkins, he showed me on the bottom of the pumpkin where the flower was. A few weeks ago he insisted that I cut an apple in half, cross ways and I would see a star. I had no idea what he was talking about, but I did it, and sure enough, the seeds and the core of the apple form a star! I think they are both really good listeners and little sponges...at school if not at home! :-) Braden can also write his name now!!





Miss you all and hope you are doing well!

No comments: